|Email:||naama.barkai 'at' weizmann.ac.il|
|Main Country of Residence:||ISRAEL|
|Section:||BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY|
Present and Previous Positions
- since 2009 Professor, Dept. of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science.
- 2005 - 2009 Associate Professor, Dept. of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science.
- 2005 - 2006 Visiting Professor, MCB, Harvard University.
- 1999 - 2005 Senior scientist, Departments of Molecular Genetics and Physics of Complex Systems, Weizmann institute of Science.
- 1998 - 1999 Lecturer at the Physics Department, Princeton University
Fields of Scholarship
- Systems Biology
- Biochemical Processing
Honours and Awards
- 2008 FEBS/EMBO "Women in Science award". First-ever recipient
- 2007 Helen and Martin Kimmel award for innovative investigation. First-ever recipient
- 2007 Elected as EMBO member
- 2005 Teva Prize for research in System Biology
- 2004 Michael Bruno Memorial award (Yan Hanadiv Foundation)
- 2004 Levinson award (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- 2001 - 2004 EMBO Young Investigator
- 2000 Sir Charles Clore prize
- 1992 Intel's academic scholarship
- 1992 - 1995 Academic scholarship of the Sir Charles Clore Foundation
- 1995 Shlomyuk award for excellent Ph.D. thesis, Hebrew University