|Email:||aurbach 'at' mail.biu.ac.il|
|Main Country of Residence:||ISRAEL|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1996 - present Full Professor, the Department of Chemistry, Bar Ilan University, a senat member of Bar-Ilan university
- 1985- 1996 lecturer, senior lecturer and Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Bar Ilan University
- 1985 – present Head of the electrochemistry group, Department of Chemistry, Bar Ilan University
- 2001 - 2005 Chairman, Department of Chemistry
- 2003 – present Associate and then Technical Editor of the journals of the Electrochemical Society (JES) ,(EEL), BES area.
- 2007 – 2015 Topical Editor of J. of Solid State Electrochemistry (for the field of energy storage).
- 2010 – present The chairman of the Israeli Labs Accreditation Authority
- 2010 – present Member of the editorial advisory panel of "Nature Communication" on line journal.
- 2012 – present A board member and a director in IMLB LLC, the organization of the international Li battery community.
- 2012 - present The leader of Israel National Research center for Electrochemical Propulsion;supported - Israel Science Foundation
Fields of Scholarship
- Physical Electrochemistry
- Surface Science
- Materials Science
- All kinds of batteries (Li, Li-ion, Li-oxygen, Li-S, Na-ion, Mg, Lead-Acid, Al-air)
- Eectronically conductive polymers
- Water desalination by electrochemical means - CDI (capacitive de-ionization)
- Development of in-situ spectro-electrochemical tools for highly reactive electrochemical systems
- Non-aqueous electrochemistry
Honours and Awards
- 1983 – 1984 Rothschild Fellowship for post-doctoral studies
- 1983 – 1985 Fulbright Fellowship for post doctoral studies
- 1992 The Israeli Chemical Society Prize for outstanding young scientists
- 2005 The technology award of the battery division of the “Electrochemical Society”
- 2007 The prize of excellence in research of the “Israel Vacuum Society”
- 2008 Became a Fellow of the “Electrochemical Society” (ECS)
- 2010 Became a member of the international network of excellence in Energy research, founded by BASF company (650,000 Euro per year, until 2019)
- 2010 Became a Fellow of the “International Society of Electrochemistry” (ISE)
- 2011 Landau prize for excellence and contribution to the field of “ Green Chemistry”
- 2012 The prize of excellence in research of the “Israel Chemical Society” (ICS)
- 2012 Became fellow of the MRS, Material Research Society
- 2012 Became the leader of Israel National Research center for Electrochemical Propulsion (INREP), 16 research groups from 4 academic institutions, a grant of 45,000,000 NIS for 5 years, from the ISF - Israel Science Foundation
- 2013 Kolthoff prize of the Technion, Israel Inst. of Chemistry for excellence in chemical research
- 2013 The research Award of the Electrochemical Society (ECS) battery division.
- 2014 The E.B. Yeager award of the International Battery Association (IBA) in recognition of life-long remarkeabe contribution to R&D of power sources