|Email:||halvelos 'at' gmail.com|
|Main Country of Residence:||PORTUGAL|
|Section:||FILM, MEDIA & VISUAL STUDIES|
Present and Previous Positions
- (2016) Chairman of the Scientific Board (HSS), Foundation for Science and Technology (Portugal); Vice-Chair from 2013 to 2015.
- (since 2011) Course Director, PhD in Design, Universidade do Porto
- (since 2009) Executive Board Member, The European Academy of Design
- (since 2008) Curator, FuturePlaces Medialab for Citizenship (UTAustin-Portugal)
- (since 2007) Director (UP), ID+: Institute for Research in Design, Media and Culture – U.Porto, U.Aveiro
- (since 2006) Professor of New Media, Universidade do Porto
- (since 2003, tenure 2008) Professor of Design, Universidade do Porto
- (2010-2016) Member of the Scientific Board (HSS), Foundation for Science and Technology (Portugal)
- (2010-2014) Outreach Director, UTAustin-Portugal program for the development in Digital Media
- (1999-2001) Tutor in Drawing, Royal College of Art
Fields of Scholarship
- Digital media
- New media
- Sound design
- Citizen engagement through Media
- Science and art
- Cultural criminology
- Culture and perception
Honours and Awards
- 2010 - present Elected Vice-President, Scientific Board (HSS), Foundation for Science and Technology, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2007 - 2013 Elected Board Member, Fundação Gomes Teixeira, Portugal
- 1997 - 1999 FCT Scholarship, London, UK.
- 1992 Fulbright scholarship, trustee scholarship (SAIC), JNICT grant
- Post-doctorate Research Fellow, INESC Porto, 2010-2012.
- Ph.D Design / Media Studies. Royal College of Art, London, 2003. Title: The Fabrication of Authenticity: graffiti beyond subculture.
- MA Visual Communication. School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 1992.
- BA Communication Design. Universidade do Porto, 1989.